Friday, September 7, 2007

there is a future

I have to confess that I have no visions of the future.  Your descriptions are delightful.  Having a home like Falling Water, for example, would be fun to live in.  It's not the structure per se it's the patios and view points from within the house of the trees and streams and lakes that we can see all around us.  And the tranquility.

But a future of this nature would put me to sleep.  There is no drama.  I think, if I participate at all, which I don't think I do, I'll be off-world.  Or have ceased to exist.  E says essence cannot cease to exist.  I think it can.  That would be something I see Bosht exploring when he becomes as bored as Petunia's future promises to be boring.

The thing is I know I can do anything I want.  Create whatever I want.  I can build whatever I want.  I can do whatever my imagination percieves and the only thing that keeps me grounded are the surprises that other people throw at me.

But eventually Bosht will create a reality where there is no interaction with any other essence and at that time, as far as all other essences are concerned, Bosht will have ceased to exist.

There is no future.

Howard




I understand your point of view.

Petunia responds with "there is a future," leastwise there is for her as she often looks into her own immediate future with great excitement.

It is our lives that she views as boring. We jam ourselves into little boxes of expectation and obligation, and try to live by a predetermined set of rules that don't apply to the true nature of the individual. We fear pleasure and reign ourselves into constant denial till the call for freedom rings so loud in our ears that we can hardly continue to ignore it. We believe that excitement involves conflict and spend our precious time defending our right to do what we don't even want to do, although we are not sure what it is that we do want to do. We are not sure what constitutes our excitement or bliss, afraid that tranquility might be boring cause it means we must learn to know ourselves in such a way that any reflection of ourselves is full to the brim with non-judgment and acceptance.

We hope that someone else called 'the one' will mysteriously show up in our lives and love us in the capacity that we wish to love ourselves. That someone else will bring us the happiness that we so desperately desire. We seek outside approval like it is the very manna of life, and often taste its disappointment because it is never enough to make us feel worthy of it.

We surround ourselves with the shells of other people, while our own hearts cry out in the loneliness of separation from them. We don't know an atmosphere that is rich with appreciation and constantly cradles us in its loving arms of grace to the point that we literally breathe confidence and assurance. And we fear that atmosphere as being thick and suffocating.

We see death as an escape route, and yet fear it may be more of the same separation from the very elements that could bring us the greatest joy and satisfaction. We don't see our lives as a wealth of now moments, each rich with a new beginning, a new potential, and new unlimited possibilities. We stay hidden under a cloak of enforced respectability, afraid of what others may think if we satisfy our every desire, every impulse, every hint of excitement as it constantly beckons us with promises of change and discovery.

She says she doesn't live in a forest on a patio viewing it as if it were some distant foreign land. She lives AS the forest, one in the same. She feels the leaves change color, tastes the sunshine on tree bark, hears the call of landscape like it was melody itself. She smells the notes of intuition that surround her and direct towards her human lover that fills her body with the orgasm of the true meaning of life. She bonds with every one, and every thing, and every where to an ecstasy of surprise and enchantment. And then has lunch. It's hardly boring.

Share



Hmmm. I don't find Petunia's or even my imagined view of a future to 
be the least bit boring. It seems that when allowing total freedom 
to explore, then the things or ideas that one can explore are 
endless and quite exciting!

Love, Fran

No comments: