Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Egyptian Electric Chair

I remember exactly when I was introduced to my past focus of Ankhesenamen, as it was four years ago almost to the date. I was visiting Margot and Howard in Flagstaff and Margot mentioned that she had an appointment for a session with Elias that Sunday. Early Sunday morning she tossed me a book of Egyptian dynasties and told me to find my focus and she would confirm it with Elias. I browsed through the colorful pages, but I actually hadn’t a clue. I told her that the only thing that really struck me was the daughter of Akhetaten and Nefertiti that married Tutankhamum, “whatshername.”

I didn’t actually sit in on the entire session, just the last few minutes to say hello and goodbye to Elias at the same time, but later Margot told me that Elias had confirmed that Ankhesenamen was a focus of mine. At the time I thought it was pretty cool, but didn’t give it much thought.

The only really outstanding advantage to having famous focuses is that I could research their history, and so I did. Part of my research was to visit a replica of King Tut’s tomb that just happens to exist in the town where I live. There is an exact replica of King Tut’s throne, which is actually more beautiful than any photograph of it, as it is constructed of inlay semi-precious stones and gold leaf. On the seat back of the chair is an image of Ankhesenamen herself. Howard Carter paid some homage to her in his writings, and now she has her own wiki page. I did find some web pages and images on the Internet and I used those to connect with her. She was very talkative.

When I asked her about the most famous image of her applying perfume to Tut on the throne, she laughed out loud. “It is not a throne,” she said. According to her, the Egyptians had plenty of gold, so gold was not used for monetary exchange or as a symbol of wealth. Gold was on the chair because it was a good conductor of electricity. That was Tut’s healing chair.

She went on to explain that when we ‘discovered electricity’ we put it outside of ourselves into wires which we then plugged into for power. The Egyptians had known about electricity for eons, and they did not run it through wires, they ran it through themselves. It was an entirely different belief system regarding the manipulation of electromagnetic energy and she was a master at drawing energy directly from the rays of light and acting as a conduit to run electrical energy for healing purposes, much like Reiki.

She said the Egyptians were a practical people, and they seldom created art just for the sake of art, however their everyday items we often extremely decorative. The artistry that appears on the chair is actually instructions on how to use the chair, similar to how we would print the instructions on how to use an appliance on the cardboard box the appliance comes in.

The chair itself sits off the ground by several inches and the footstool that Tut’s feet rest upon is an Egyptian version of a rubber mat, so that Tut doesn’t get fried. Tut puts one hand on the gold portion of the chair to help conduct electricity, and the other hand on the area of the painfulness. Running energy through Tut’s body removes energy blockages, and she did that on a daily basis to keep Tut alive.

She went on to say that she knew Tut from birth, and that he was born sickly, but she adored him. Since he was frail, and she was third in line and female, neither of them expected to ascend to the throne, so they spent their early childhood together in delightful playfulness. Even after Tut ascended to the throne at age nine, and she was married to him and considered queen, neither of them took it seriously and continued in their playfulness. But she was aware that if he died, she would have to marry someone else and possibly be killed afterwards, so she did take the job of keeping him healthy seriously.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fascinating info, Sharon! Just the other day I had an electrical current sensation in a particular place on my body. It lasted hours; it was not unpleasant. I've felt it before but only briefly. This time it lasted a long time.