Sunday, May 25, 2008

A ROTE is sent with an image to help define the core concept of the thought ball.

I know I haven't shared anything about Petunia in the last few months, not that she has disappeared or discontinued, but more that she is a lingering guiding spirit in the back of my mind, always available. It is that her information is quite personal to me, and her interaction is often difficult for me to explain.

Last Christmas eve I had gone to friends houses to celebrate and consequently had consumed much to much wine and smoke to trust my self to drive the short distance home. I wasn't sleepy, but feeling woozy, and I asked permission to sit upright in a wing back chair after everyone else had retired to dream of sugar plums and Santa. I was in that twilight space between wake and sleep, and I could feel a large bundle of wire directly over the top of my head. The image in my mind was that it was much like a UFO sighting, where the craft would be described as the length of a football field, but I knew it wasn't a craft, rather the image of a ball of wire. And I could see the end protruding out as though to touch my shoulder. It was a strange experience indeed, and lasted perhaps two hours, until I finally felt well enough to make the journey home.

The next morning was difficult, as I had planned to cook a turkey, but every movement of mine seemed laborious. I hadn't thought to ask Petunia right away, but at some point in the morning I made the connection to her. "What was that?" I asked, and she explained that she had sent me a Christmas present in the form of a ROTE. It was meant to be an overwhelming presence for my noticing, and the ball of wire was similar to the size of cable on a suspension bridge. The image, she said, was similar to the cover page of a FAX, to illustrate the contents of the transmission, like the cover of a book would be. The cable represents the size of the capability of data available like an internet cable connection, only immense.

I thought for a while I had received a gigantic vapor encyclopedia that I could access anytime, like air Goggle, and that was pretty stupendous. But having the answers ready and available didn't mean much until I could come up with some questions, and I just didn't seem to have any questions. Although I did feel confident that my gift would be available whenever I chose to access it.

I didn't do much with my gift for a couple weeks. I told a few people about it, just so I could enjoy the strange looks I get in return, but all in all it seemed as though my gift remained unwrapped. However, the image haunted me and mid January I researched to find a similar image to post to my flickr site just to record the event and the date.

No comments: